Thu, Aug 29|
Risk Management for Minimizing Medication Errors, Harm, and Claims
Date: Thursday, August 29th at 7 P.M. Speaker: Dr. Edward DeSimone, B.S., M.S., Ph.D, Professor of Pharmacy Creighton University, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
Time & Location
Aug 29, 2019, 7:00 PM
Cascio's Steakhouse, 1620 S 10th St, Omaha, NE 68108, USA
About the Event
Evening Schedule: 6:30 pm: Registration
7:00 pm: Dinner & first program
7:50 pm: Announcements
8:00 pm: CE Program
9:00 pm: Adjourn
SIPA Members: No Charge
Program Objectives for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
1. Describe each of the three types of deficits that contribute to medication errors.
2. Explain each of the three major categories of mechanical medication errors that are most likely to result in a malpractice claim.
3. Describe the three primary types of intellectual errors that are most likely to result in a malpractice claim.
4. Define “risk management”.
5. Explain at least five risk management techniques which pharmacists can use to help reduce the incidence of medication errors.